HOW CAN I HELP?
Sign up to help provide lunch for residents of La Casa, our Permanent Supportive Housing Program for previously chronically homeless males.
Sign up as an individual or as a group!
We currently have some exciting ongoing individual volunteer opportunities available. Sign up if you’re interested in:
Groups are welcome to sign up for their school, church, business, or organization to assist in volunteer activities. In the past, we’ve had great success in the following activities:
Occasionally, we need volunteers to assist with miscellaneous tasks such as:
- Front-desk assistance (data entry, greeter, etc)
- Drivers to transport events materials (posters, signage, boxes, etc)
- Back-up volunteers to support volunteers who are unable to attend
- Other last-minute needs
Join us to mobilize our community and speak out against proposed cuts to homeless services. Through our advocacy, we drive investment — political and financial — to fight for our neighbors in need. Our advocate teams testify at every relevant DC Council hearing each year, urging our elected officials to direct resources to proven, rapid solutions like homelessness prevention, rehousing and job placement, while investing sufficient funds in supportive housing to end homelessness for those who are more vulnerable and need longer-term help.
MORE WAYS TO HELP
There are plenty of ways you can support Friendship Place’s mission right where you are!
- Get Young People Involved – Children and youth are changing the lives of families all over the world using Friendship Place programs to inspire their peers and neighbors.
- Fundraise for Friendship Place – Create a fundraiser for your birthday, wedding, a race or any event.
- Spread the word – If you’re on social media, you can lend your digital voice to the cause. Share your passion and our posts with your friends and family on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Sign up for emails – Get the latest news, stories, and events information. Let’s stay connected!