When you give in-kind goods to Friendship Place, you’re providing day to day essentials for families and individuals in need. You’re also helping us offset purchases that supplies participants with necessities, like the purchase of a SmarTrip card that allows an AimHire job-seeker to get to an interview. This allows us to focus monetary gifts to our programs, and helps us do what we do best—getting people off the streets and into housing!
To schedule a donation drop-off, please contact Chris Cannedy at (202) 956-8934 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friendship Place Wish List
Please click here to see an up to date list of items needed for individual participants and families
General program needs
- Metro SmarTrip cards (Suggested $10-$20 Balance)
- Refurbished laptop computers
- Gifts cards (Target, Giant, Safeway, CVS, Subway, Suggested $10-$20 Balance)
- Travel Sized Toiletry Items
- Household items & cleaning supplies
- New Women’s & Men’s t-shirts & underwear (Plus sizes preferred – XL, XXL, XXXL)
We accept new or gently used Men’s and Women’s professional/business attire:
- Dress pants
- Dress suits
- Belts & ties
We are able to accept a limited, specific type of food such as:
- Cup of Noodles
- Cereal Cups/Packs
- Individual Fruit Cups
- Instant Oatmeal Cups
- Soft Grain Bars/Granola Bars
- “Snacking” Soups”
- Tuna and Cracker Packets
- Cereal Bars (Kind Breakfast, NurtiGrain Bars, etc.)
- Sandwich Cracker Packs
- Due to limited storage space, Friendship Place cannot accept furniture or large items, such as televisions, at this time. Please also note that our Calvert Street office is no longer accepting donations.
- To donate other types of clothing, please visit St. Albans Opportunity Shop. Friendship Place participants can pick up clothing at the wonderful thrift store, free of charge.
Seasonal holiday needs
- Thanksgiving meals
- Christmas adopt-a-family
- Easter Baskets
- School backpacks
- Long underwear, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. (prior to, or during winter months)
Friendship Place is excited about this season as it’s a time that we make wishes come true for the over 500 children participating in Friendship Place programming. Please click here to see our holiday wish list!
Organize a Donation Drive!
Interested in organizing a donation drive at your office, school, or place of worship? Please contact Chris Cannedy at (202) 956-8934 or email@example.com. Your generosity and support would make a positive difference in the lives of the men, women and children we serve.