About Friendship Place
Friendship Place offers the most effective model for addressing homelessness, with innovative, customized programs that have positive, demonstrable results and a lasting impact on the community and beyond. Our programs are person-centric – individualized to meet the needs and goals of individuals, families, youth/young adults and Veterans experiencing homelessness. We provide outreach, hospitality, health care, case management, housing, job placement services, and advocacy. We have established a national presence and are known for sharing best practices on homeless service delivery.
Building Your Career at Friendship Place
Friendship Place is committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. Part of that commitment includes providing excellent benefits to our employees. As a staff member, you and your eligible dependents receive a competitive and comprehensive package that includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide disability coverage; life insurance; personal and leave time; a 403 (b) match that you are eligible to receive after you have worked one year; and funds for professional development.
We are diverse and inclusive, and invite participants and employees to be their authentic selves. We expect all Friendship Place staff to share this commitment. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. Employees will be offered the same respect and caring attitude within Friendship Place that they are expected to share externally with every Friendship Place participant. Click here to see our Human Resources logic model!
Our Core Values
At Friendship Place, we believe it is important to step back and celebrate our individual and team achievements. All of our staff members come to work each day knowing that they will have an impact on the Washington DC region and the world. Our staff members find the work they do both engaging and inspiring.
Why We Love What We Do
“We know how to work hard and have fun – both are key to keeping a happy and dedicated team. We see the strengths of the individuals we serve and believe that it is a fundamental right to have a place to call home.”
–Kally Canfield, Director, Veterans Services
“It’s so nice to be able to genuinely enjoy spending time with colleagues while still remaining focused on the serious task of serving DC’s most vulnerable.”
–Catherine Stephens, Director, Neighbors First Families
How to Join the Team
- You apply through our Idealist page or by sending application materials to email@example.com
- Your application is reviewed by the hiring committee.
- You have an initial screening call with a member of the hiring team. Typically about 15-20 minutes long.
- You have an in person interview with a member or members of the hiring team. Typically lasting between 40-60 minutes, this interview covers your past experience, your personal vision for the work, and your skills and qualifications. We will typically conduct a skills test lasting 2-3 hours. Skills tests let us get a sense of how you’d approach the kind of tasks and problems you would encounter in the role.
- The final stage in the hiring process is typically an interview with our President and CEO.
- Lastly, the most qualified candidate receives an offer to join us in this important work!