Friendship Place relies on partner organizations to help us further our cause. Our partners help us in a variety of ways, and we are grateful for all of their support. We are always looking for new partners. If you are interested in joining with us please contact Chris Rutledge at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-503-2968.
Friendship Place thanks the following organizations for collaborating and partnering with us as we work together to end homelessness!
Housing & Shelters
- Anne Frank House – provides permanent supportive housing to formerly homeless Friendship Place participants.
- Veronica House – runs a women’s shelter staffed by a group of formerly homeless women.
- SOME – provides housing units for Friendship Place AimHire jobseekers.
- Catholic Charities – provides housing units for Friendship Place AimHire jobseekers.
- St. Paul’s Lutheran Church – partners with Friendship Place to operate St. Paul’s Shelter for Men.
- St. Columba’s Episcopal Church – hosts and provides funding and volunteers to Friendship Place and operates the Water Ministry, which provides lunches, showering facilities, and laundry services to Friendship Place participants.
- National United Methodist Church – partners with Friendship Place in the operation of two shelters: Metropolitan House and St. Luke’s Shelter.
- Operation Hope (Ward 8) – provides office space for AimHire intakes and workshops, and provides credit repair services for AimHire participants.
- Church of the Pilgrims – partners with AimHire in an on-the-job training program.
- Emergency Community Arts Collective (Ward 1) – provides office space for AimHire intakes and workshops.
- Offenders Aid and Restoration (OAR) – refers sex-offenders who are in need of jobs and housing to Friendship Place.
- Chevy Presbyterian Church – operates TAP (Transition Assistance Program), which helps Friendship Place participants secure identification documents.
- Temple Micah – conducts an annual drive that collects socks and undergarments for Friendship Place’s Welcome Center.
- Unity Healthcare – appoints staff to deliver medical and psychiatric services to our Drop-in Clinic visitors.
- Make the Connection – provides veterans with information on the signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, descriptions of research-based treatment options, and videos of Veterans sharing their own inspiring stories of recovery.