Landlords play a critical role in assisting Friendship Place in accomplishing its mission to end homelessness. Our goal to reconnect individuals and families to the community and help them rebuild their lives can only be done with the partnership of great landlords who can provide our participants with the stable housing they need.
We have partnered with hundreds of landlords over the years and we would love to partner with you too! There are many reasons why working with Friendship Place can work for you:
• Our agency works with over 2500 people each year, many of whom are actively seeking housing! We will happily re-fill your vacancies – you won’t even have to advertise!
• Our programs are aimed to get people back on their feet. As part of this process, we assist with first month’s rent, deposit, and for some programs, ongoing rental subsidies, as needed.
• Our case managers provide support in connecting participants to resources within their communities to promote ongoing housing stability.
• We are a neutral party if problems arise – Our programs need landlords to work! We strive to assist our participants, but also to support you and keep your business!
• Everyone deserves a safe and affordable place to live. By helping house our clients, you are playing an integral role not only in helping individuals and families take charge of their lives, but also in making your community a better place to live!
For more information on how you can partner with Friendship Place, please contact us at email@example.com.
Friendship Place hosts a variety of programs aimed at connecting participants with affordable housing opportunities:
The Home Now program uses an exciting and innovative solution called Rapid Re-Housing (RRH). Home Now, funded through the Department of Human Services (DHS), focuses efforts on helping individuals quickly move into permanent, market rate housing. Services included in the program are housing search and landlord identification, short term financial and rental assistance, and the delivery of home-based housing stabilization services as needed. RRH is a nationally recognized best practice model and has become an increasingly important, effective, and efficient housing method in our community.
Veterans First is funded by a grant through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) program. Similarly to the Home Now program, Veteran’s First utilizes a Rapid Re-Housing model to provide case management, housing location, and short-term financial assistance to eligible Veterans and their families in the DC Metropolitan area. Please contact us if you would be interested in renting to a Veteran!
The AimHire program focuses on employability and uses an “Employment First” model. AimHire believes individuals come to the table with skills and while training may be required to increase skills, it is often not necessary to gain employment. The program provides employment and housing to those seeking services. AimHire also serves the long-term unemployed who have exhausted unemployment benefits. Services include assessment, skill building, employment identification, case management services, and housing once employment is obtained.
Direct Housing is a privately-funded program that collaborates with persons and families to connect them to resources, increase supports, and decrease barriers to housing. Due to our program’s flexibility we are able to serve a unique population and offer assistance to individuals and families that might otherwise go unserved due to gaps in community resources. Our goal is to assist our participants in securing and maintaining market rate housing. Our case managers help navigate the housing process, re-enforce good tenancy skills, and ensure a smooth transition into housing.