Community

• Community

Job Link

By: John Harris III Americorps VISTA at Friendship Place More jobs are coming to the District with the arrival of large corporations like the Marriott and Wal-Mart, and we’re working to ensure…

Read More
    • Our look has changed… but we haven’t.

Community

Our look has changed… but we haven’t.

For 22 years Friendship Place has offered innovative programming and permanent, practical solutions to homelessness. Staying up to date with best practices is a source of pride for us in…

Read More
      • Community

Mary Kay Day at The Haven

Welcome Center volunteer and Mary Kay representative, Alyssa Vasquez, sat down with four residents of the The Haven, Friendship Place’s transitional house for women, to do a workshop on professional…

Read More
        • Community

Family Homelessness: An American Reality

By: John Harris III, Americorps VISTA Founder of Authentic Reflection “..a family with one full-time worker earning the minimum wage cannot afford the local fair-market rent for a two-bedroom apartment…

Read More
          • Community

Simple Thanks

Guest Blogger: John Harris Special Events Associate at Friendship Place & Founder of Authentic Reflection When you wake up in the morning with your stomach hurting from hunger in a…

Read More
            • Community

Voting Matters

Guest Blogger Geoff Millard Director of Special Projects at Friendship Place   I remember Election Day in 1984. I wasn’t even four years old and my father took me into…

Read More

Your Donation Helps End Homelessness!

Your support for Friendship Place has a lasting impact. In 2023, our programs ended or prevented homelessness for 4,993 people, including 1,507 children in families and 670 veterans. We empowered 167 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness to get jobs through innovative, state-of-the-art job placement services. Make a donation today in support of our work to end homelessness. Questions? Please feel free to call our fundraising office, 202.957.7834.

Donate Now